Last Updated on October 2, 2023 by Dexter Roona
We have a new Star Wars Funko Pop! Rides to talk about in the form of the new Luke Skywalker – T-47 Airspeeder Funko Pop! Ride. We have all the news on this cool Star Wars Pop! and the best online retailers to buy it from.
This new Star Wars Hyperspace Heroes Luke Skywalker T-47 Airspeeder Funko Pop! continues the popular Hyperspace Heroes series and is available as an Amazon Exclusive and Special Edition.
The Empire Strikes Back fans will recall how Luke Skywalker and the rebels took on the might of the Empire AT-ATs to protect their Echo Base.
With the T-47 Airspeeder the Rebels were able to take down a few of the AT-ATs, but all in all their attempts to protect the base were futile with the Rebels eventually having to evacuate the base under the relentless AT-AT assault.
Now Funko fans can relive the Hoth Battle scenes with this awesome NEW Luke Skywalker – T-47 Airspeeder Funko Pop! Ride
You can buy the new Luke Skywalker – T-47 Airspeeder Funko Pop! Ride Hyperspace Heroes Amazon Exclusive and Special Edition at the following recommended online retailers:
Get a 10% discount on all in-stock items and free postage on all orders over $59.99 at Entertainment Earth by using our special AFGEEK discount. If you would like to know more about this discount then please refer to our Entertainment Earth Discount page.
The Battle of Hoth – Frozen Conflict
The Battle of Hoth, which was featured in “Star Wars – The Empire Strikes Back,” took place on the ice planet of Hoth and was a big part of the epic opening sequence of the film. It is a key moment in the Rebel Alliance’s struggle against the oppressive Galactic Empire.
The Rebel Alliance’s Echo Base, located on the remote planet of Hoth, serves as the backdrop for the battle.
The Alliance had been using this hidden base as a refuge and a staging area for their operations. However, the Empire discovers its location, leading to a devastating confrontation.
The Imperial forces, led by the relentless Darth Vader, launch a massive assault on Echo Base with the primary objective of the Empire to crush the Rebellion.
This battle showcases the might of the Imperial military, with imposing AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) walkers advancing on the Rebel position.
The Rebel Alliance, under the leadership of General Rieekan and Princess Leia Organa, puts up a valiant defense against the Imperial onslaught with Rebel soldiers and pilots, including Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Chewbacca, defending Echo Base.
One of the most iconic moments of the Battle of Hoth is the daring assault on the Imperial AT-ATs. T-47 airspeeders are used by the Rebels to trip up the AT-ATs by harpooning the walker’s legs and using tow cables to bring them crashing down into the ice. The sequence in the movie shows Luke Skywalker doing just this.
The tactic proves successful and showcases the Rebel Alliance’s resourcefulness in the face of overwhelming odds but despite the Rebels’ valiant efforts, they are ultimately forced to evacuate Echo Base as the Imperial forces close in.
Luke Skywalker, guided by the spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, decides to leave the battle and seek training as a Jedi from Master Yoda while Han Solo and Princess Leia, embark on a perilous journey through the asteroid field, pursued relentlessly by Darth Vader.
The loss of Echo Base leaves the Rebel Alliance in a very vulnerable position and symbolizes the Empire’s relentless pursuit of the Rebellion and the heroes’ determination to continue their fight against tyranny.
5 Interesting Facts about the T-47 Airspeeder
- Snowspeeder Design: The T-47 Airspeeder, commonly known as the “Snowspeeder,” was originally designed and manufactured by Incom Corporation for industrial cargo handling. It was adapted for combat use by the Rebel Alliance on the icy planet of Hoth.
- Harpoon and Tow Cable: One of the most iconic features of the Snowspeeder is its harpoon and tow cable system. During the Battle of Hoth, Snowspeeder pilots used this system to trip up the towering AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) walkers by entangling their legs and causing them to collapse. We see Luke Skywalker use this tactic to good effect in the battle.
- Limited Armament: The Snowspeeder was not heavily armed or armored as compared to some other military craft. It typically featured laser cannons and blasters, making it effective for strafing runs and close air support.
- Open Cockpit: The T-47 Snowspeeder had an open cockpit design, which left the pilot and rear gunner exposed to the harsh elements of Hoth. This made it a challenging environment for Rebel pilots during the battle, as they were vulnerable to blaster fire and the freezing temperatures.
- Versatile Vehicle: While the Snowspeeder is most famous for its role in the Battle of Hoth, it was used in various roles by the Rebel Alliance throughout the Galactic Civil War. It served as a reconnaissance vehicle, ground attack craft, and troop transport in addition to its iconic role in the battle against the Empire on Hoth.
Related Star Wars Funko Pop! Articles:
From the AFGeek Blog: